About the Church of Perpetual Life
Our Mission is to assist all people in the radical extension of healthy human life, and to provide fellowship for longevity enthusiasts through regular, holiday and memorial services.
Purposes of the Church of Perpetual Life:
• Provide fellowship for longevity enthusiasts through regular services, holiday services, and memorial services for self-preserved individuals.
• Teach scientific rationality along with the Creator’s plan that humanity evolve to achieve markedly extended healthy lifespans.
• Accelerate the Creator’s plan of the Common Task of Humanity, which is to cultivate technology that will facilitate the transformation of life into an environment of perpetual duration.
• Enable information sharing amongst fellow longevity enthusiasts that will facilitate the Common Task.
• Create a sense of belonging, a common bond amongst like-minded individuals, and communal volunteer support for fellow church members who fall ill, who are hospitalized, or otherwise face imminent medical problems.
• Institutionalize the concept of indefinitely extended lifespans so that others are enlightened and can contribute to the Common Task.
• Provide a tangible foundation and physical structure to demonstrate the commitment of the Church of Perpetual Life to provide perpetual support to deanimated members and advance the field of biomedical research.
• Provide group support, peer encouragement, and rational persuasion for Church members and guests to contribute their energies and themselves to the Common Task of Humanity.
The Perpetual Life lending library is now open. Books can be checked out and returned before and after monthly services. Donations of books with health, longevity and inspirational living themes are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
We refer to ourselves as Immortalists, not because we have defeated death, but because we believe that future technology will conquer disease and aging, as well as death itself. While we fully understand that this technology does not appear to be currently available, the impressive history of human problem solving and technological advancement gives us faith in its inevitability.
“My beliefs are that the human species can stop and reverse the aging process,” says Neal. “I view it as a disease that we can cure and believe this will come to pass within our lifetime. The sooner we get this done, the more lives will be saved.”
Prophet Nikolai Fedorovich Fedorov (1828-1903), one of Russia’s most original thinkers, lived at a time of intense intellectual controversies, artistic creativity and scientific ‘take-off’ in Russia. Yet it was also a time of growing worldwide militarism when increasingly lethal weapons were being developed, of civil strife, of labor unrest in the rapidly industrializing countries of the West, and of revolutionary rumblings in Russia.
Founder of The Church Of Perpetual Life. Director and co-founder of the Life Extension Foundation, a consumer advocacy organization that funds research and disseminates information to consumers about optimal health. Faloon has made hundreds of media appearances, including guest spots on The Phil Donohue Show, Tony Brown's Journal, and ABC News Day One, and has been interviewed Newsweek and other magazines.
Sir Arthur C Clarke
He is famous for being co-writer of the screenplay for the 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey, widely considered to be one of the most influential films of all time. Clarke was a science writer, who was both an avid populariser of space travel and a futurist of uncanny ability. On these subjects, he wrote over a dozen books and many essays, which appeared in various popular magazines.
Clark's 3 laws
Arthur C Clarke's three laws of forecasting:
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.